Are you planning to relocate your office? Oh, yes, you are but do you know that it comes with an array of difficulties. You may have considered the business gains while having a thought of relocating your business but have you considered snags and hitches behind employee relocation and office moving? It’s, in fact, a real bear to move your office to a new place. Though there are problems, having a right relocation plan and its proper execution can ensure hassle-free relocation process.
Office relocation seems intimidating and challenging in the first instance. But, if you execute your office relocation plan in an organized manner, it will go quick and smooth. Plan your move and go after it in steps. Steps must not be jumbled, there should be an order of them to ensure proper execution. You can consider the following points to make an organized office move:
- Determine and decide the time frame when you want to move. Create a detailed calendar to make your moving schedule work.
- Decide where you are moving to. Also pick all your office belongings that you want to bring with you.
- Distribute the works and responsibilities among the staff members and your team. But make sure that all of them are aware of the moving schedule and relocation plan.
- Put out a preliminary budget that is required for the relocating and setting up your office at the new place.
- During the relocation time, sort out the items differently and pack. Also, label the boxes with respect to the items present in it. This will help in reorganizing the items in a better way in the new place.
- Make a list of companies, business partners, and clients that you need to inform to about your new place. Let them know when you are moving and suggest an optional way of communication.
- The employees should be informed in advance about relocation and the moving schedule so that they can also plan their relocation.
- Do some online research to find the best movers and packers in the region.
- Create a clear floor plan of the new office and of the things to be organized at the new place.
- Contact and provide the entire network, communications which is required for the company.
- Make sure that your new place has already been equipped with necessary equipment and office setting is ready to accommodate all your belongings.
Make a checklist on the above-mentioned points in the form of a flowchart so that you can be clear on what comes after what. The formation of the flowchart will definitely help you out in organizing whole moving process. Leaving your plan to be executed in the last hour will leave you with nothing except the mess. So make a vivid office and employee relocation plan and execute it properly to make it a success.